Sports Equipment Cleaning
Your sports equipment is filthy – guaranteed.
If you ask around it is a well known fact that bacteria is a concern to all athletes of any age, gender or their sport. In the past few years it has become evident germs and bacteria can accumulate and pose a threat to our health and the health of our children as a result of sweat and fatty acid build up on hockey equipment.
Here is what is found in the typical gear:
- Staphylococcus Epidermis – Gloves, Elbow Pads, & Shoulder Pads
- Staphylococcus Aureus – Helmet – leads to pimples, boils and complicated skin infections
- Streptococcus Veridans – Shin Guards & Elbow Pads – normally found in the mouth
- Streptococcus Faecalis – Hockey Jock / Jill – associated with stool and fecal material
- Environmental Bacteria – Picked up from water fountains
- Yeast – Normally found on skin surfaces and in the intestinal tracts
You’re going to want to clean that!
Ask around. You’ll find it’s nearly impossible to find anyone that is able to safely offer sports equipment cleaning to eliminate these bacteria.
Georgian Bay Wet Cleaners uses the Miele Wet Care system. This system has been trusted for years to exceed hospital sterilization processes. We use highly advanced soaps and conditioners which are biodegradable, and possess the cleaning power to effectively eliminate fatty acid build up while protecting hockey gear from any damage. Hockey equipment is cleaned in our state-of-the-art washing machines which limit water absorption and monitor both agitation and water temperature.
We can clean hockey, football, soccer and all kinds of sports equipment. Basically, if you can fit it in our machines, we can clean it!